Looking for public show tickets?
VIRTUAL Planetarium Program
RESERVATION INFORMATION (2020-2021 School Year)
- The planetarium is available during normal school hours and follows the Madison Metropolitan School District calendar (closed during the summer).
- After school and evening programs can sometimes be arranged. We are closed during school vacations, including summer.
- Programs are usually 1 hour in length.
Easiest, fastest way to make reservations!
Our schedule is now posted online to assist you in finding openings in our schedule that match with openings in your schedule. The online schedule can also be used to confirm your reservation at any time! We hope you find this helpful. Please follow the instructions below:
- Browse through the program descriptions and choose a program that fits the needs of your group.
- Look for an opening in our schedule that will work for your group. Events you see on the schedule are reservations that have already been made for other groups: all non-designated times are open. Note that a 15 minute set-up time is required between programs, and a lunch break must be planned for the planetarium instructor. We highly recommend that you view the calendar using the Week view.
- Fill out the Reservation Request Form.
- Your requested reservation will show up on our calendar as a pending request, and you will receive an email stating that we've received your request.
- You will receive a confirmation email from us when the reservation has been approved.
- When your reservation is complete, check the calendar again to confirm (see Confirmations below). New reservations should be posted on the web within 3-5 days.
Fees for VIRTUAL Programs ($$$ fee structure $$$)
- MMSD and other Madison K-12 groups during the school day: FREE
- Other groups: $1.00/student ($25 minimum; teachers are free)
You can mail a check, payable to "Madison Metropolitan School District," to the planetarium (MMSD Planetarium, 201 South Gammon Road, Madison, WI 53717). (No cash please.) You can also pay by credit card here on our web site.
When we approve your requested reservation, we reply via email with a confirmation letter. Also, our schedule is now posted online. You can check our records for yourself. Simply go to our schedule, find the date of your reservation, and you should see the details of your reservation.
If have any questions about the schedule, you can email the planetarium director: Geoff Holt
Virtual Meeting Platforms
By default, these virtual programs will be conducted via Zoom, and you will be provided a unique Zoom link when you make your reservation. Do not sure this link with anyone outside of your classroom. For security reasons, you will be made a co-host of this virtual event, and you will make the decision on who to admit and who does not get admitted. If your institution requires you to use a different platform, contact the planetarium to make other arrangements.