Show your support for the MMSD Planetarium, become a "Friend"!
To support the Madison Metropolitan School District Planetarium and its mission to educate and inspire people of all ages in areas of astronomy and science in general. The Friends of the Planetarium is a small community of people who are interested in astronomy and interested in supporting the planetarium in a fun way. Money generated through donations will go toward improving the planetarium’s ability to carry out its mission. And in return, "Friends" get to participate in some special events, and receive other minor benefits.
Current upgrades planned for the planetarium:
- new seats (Done! We couldn't have done it without support from people like you!)
- digital planetarium projector (Done!)
- new lighting system
- acoustical wall coverings
- Express your support of the planetarium
- Reduced ticket prices for public planetarium programs for that calendar year
- Invitation to "Friends-Only" special events
- $10 - student
- $25 - individual
- $50 - family (immediate family members)
How to become a Friend of the MMSD Planetarium:
- Fill out the Online Friends Form. Then, either mail your check to the planetarium, or pay via credit card here on our web site.
- Download and print the Friends form. Then mail the completed form and your check to the following address:
201 S Gammon Rd
Madison, WI 53717
- OR, fill out the form and make the purchase when you come to one of our public shows!
Give the "Friend" status as a gift:
If you know of someone who is interested in astronomy, enjoys coming to our public shows, or is simply supportive of astronomy and science education, you can honor that person by donating on their behalf! When you fill out the form, simply check the box at the bottom that you would like to have us send a certificate, and list the address you would like that certificate to be sent to -- it could be sent to you for wrapping/presentation purposes, or could be mailed directly to the recipient.
After becoming a Friend:
- You will receive a card with your name(s) on it.
- If you requested a certificate, it will arrive in the mail.
- Present your card to the ticket cashier at the public shows to receive the $1 ticket cost instead of $2.50. (Reduced ticket price applies only to tickets purchased for people covered by your Friends membership (individual, family, student.)
- If you would like to purchase your public show tickets in advance (can include a guest in the purchase), use the coupon code you were given when you check out. Purchase advance tickets on our web site.
- You will receive email updates on special events, and invitations to special "Friends-Only" events -- usually once or twice per year. When you attend a Friends Only event, you may bring anyone covered by your membership, and one guest. Please be ready to show your card at the event.
- If you are interested in helping us with future fund-raisers, conact the planetarium director.